• 300 gms- coarsely ground Bengal Gram flour (Besan)
• 150 gms- Ghee
• 150 gms- unsweetened grated Khoya (Mava)
• 1 tsp – coarsely ground green Cardamom powder (Elaichi)
• For the Sugar syrup:
• 300 gms- Sugar
• 300ml – water
• 2 tbsp – Lemon juice
• For the garnish:
• 4-5 -silver leaves (chandi ki vark)
- Heat kadhai, put in gram flour and cook it on a low flame for 15 minutes. Add hot ghee stirring continuously to get golden brown colour. Now add the khoya and cardamom powder and stir for 7 – 10 minutes.
- Remove from flame and let it cool.
- After it cools pass the mixture from a big wire mesh sieve (gehun ki chalni).
- For the sugar syrup: Mix the sugar with water in a pan and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice to the boiling sugar syrup.
- The impurities will from a white layer. Remove this layer gently using a perforated spoon.
- Simmer till the syrup is of 1 string consistency. Keep the syrup hot.
- How to proceed:
- Pour the gram flour mixture in the sugar syrup and mix well.
- Pour into a greased 225 mm.(9 inch) diameter plate (thali) with 25 mm. (1 inch) high sides.
- Place silver leaves on top and allow to set for 2 to 3 hours.
- Cut into 25 mm.(1-inch) squares.
- Serve at room temperature.
Recipe courtesy of Vasudev