• Besan – 1 cup
• Sugar – 3 cups
• Ghee – 2.5 cups
• Ghee for greasing
- In a pan, melt ghee and continue keeping it in a simmer flame.
- In another non-stick pan, take the sugar and add water just enough to soak the sugar.
- Once the sugar syrup boils to a one-string consistency.
- Add the besan and quickly stir.
- Keep stirring and add hot ghee in between.
- Continue stirring till there are sugar crystals and the mixture leaves the sides.
- The indication to remove the mixture is when it starts leaving the sides and when you keep ladle idle, the mixture froths up.
- Grease a plate with ghee.
- Pour it on the plate and tap it so that it levels.
- Cut it when it is slightly warm.
Recipe courtesy of vidya