Sev is a Gram flour based deep fried savory which is made for Diwali celebrations. You can easily made besan sav at home, it’s very easy recipe. Let’s learn how to make besan sev in just few steps.
– 2 1/2 cups gram flour (besan)
– 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
– 1 teaspoon carom seeds (ajwain)
– A pinch of bicarbonate of soda
– 1 tablespoon red chili powder
– Salt to taste
– Water as required
– Vegetable oil for deep frying
How to Cook?
1. Mix the oil into the flour and rub until it becomes crumbly.
2. Add all the other Ingredients (except water and oil); mix well. Knead with enough water to make a stiff dough.
3. heat the oil in a wok; meanwhile grease the insides of a sev-making device (or use a noodle maker with a find mesh to make thinner sev).
4. Fill the top container of the device with the dough. Press the dough down through the mesh directly into the hot oil.
5. Separate the sev in the oil with a fork to prevent sticking. Fry over a LOW flame until crisp and pale yellow. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain the excess oil on absorbent kitchen towels.
6. Allow to cool then store in airtight jars.
Add 1/3 rice flour instead of gram flour for even crisper sev.
Preparation Time: 15 Minute
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
Servings: 6-8 Persons