• 1/2 cup – tomato, chopped finely
• 1 cup – besan
• 6 to 8 – green chillies, finely chopped
• 4 tbsp – coriander leaves, chopped
• 3 tbsp – oil
• 1 tsp – Mustard Seeds
• A few Curry leaves
• 3 cups – water
• Salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a kadai. Add mustard seeds.
- When they splutter, add green chillies and curry leaves. Fry for a few seconds.
- Add tomato and cook till it becomes pulpy.
- Add besan and fry for 2 minutes.
- Remove from fire. Add water gradually, mixing well, till all the water is added and the mixture is smooth. Add salt.
- Return to fire and cook, stirring all the time, till the mixture boils.
- Simmer for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the coriander leaves.
- The consistency of this chutney will be like a thick sauce after cooling a little. It may be served hot or warm.
- It is a quick and easy accompaniment to pooris.