Idli is a very famous south Indian breakfast recipe. Idli is a small steamed cake made with the better of black lentils and rice. Idli is very healthy and delicious recipe from South India. Generally, it served with sambar and coconut chutney. Enjoy this healthy recipe anytime you want.
– 2 cups rice
– 1 cup skinless split black gram (urad dal)
– 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
– Salt to taste
How To Make?
1. Overnight soak the rice and black gram. On the next day, in a deep bowl and place rice and wash them then drain the water and soak rice in 3 cups water for at least 5-6 hours.
2. Repeat the same process for the black gram, wash it and soak the gram with the fenugreek seeds in 1 cup water for at least 2-3 hours.
3. Now, drain extra water from the rice, black gram and fenugreek seeds.
4. Then place black gram and fenugreek seeds in mixture blender and grind it with 1/2 cup water to smooth and spongy better and transfer into the deep bowl.
5. Now place rice in same mixture blender and grind it with 1 cup water to make a coarse better then transfer this into the same deep bowl.
6. Now mix both the better. Then cover the bowl and put the bowl in the warm place for fermentation for about overnight or 7-8 hours.
7. Once the better is fermented, take that better in a bowl and add salt and mix it well.
8. Now, heat sufficient water in a steamer and meanwhile grease idli moulds tray with oil.
9. Fill the moulds with idli better and fit the tray in the stand then place it in the steamer and steam for 15 minutes.
10. Once the idli is ready remove the idli stand from steamer and put aside to cool.
11. Then spoon out the idlis from the moulds.
12. Serve it with hot sambar and coconut chutney.
Preparation Time: 6 hours + Overnight
Cooking Time: 25 minutes