Fried bread made from plain flour served with Chole
2 1/2 cups maida (plain flour)
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon oil
1 cup curd
Salt to taste
1. Sieve flour with baking powder and salt.
2. Mix curd, oil in the flour using your hands.
3. Add water a little at a time and knead it well into a soft dough.
4. Apply a little oil and cover the dough with a wet muslin cloth for 4-5 hours for fermenting.
5. When it comes up nicely make equal sized balls by applying a little oil.
6. Roll into medium sized round puris and deep fry bhatura until done from both sides.
7. Remove and drain on absorbent paper.