• 250 g – stinging Catfish (Xingi maas)
• 100-125 – Paederia foetida (Bhedai lota) leaves
• 10 pods – Garlic
• 1 – Tomato
• 1 – Potato (cut into small cubes)
• Mustard oil as needed
• Turmeric powder to marinate the fish
• salt to taste
- Wash the Paederia foetida leaves and make a paste in a mixer/grinder/juicer. Squeeze the paste and pour the juice in a container.
- Marinate the fish pieces with turmeric powder and salt for 10-15 minutes and shallow-fry in mustard oil.
- Mash the garlic pods, add to the same oil and fry.
- Add salt and a little turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add the potato cubes and tomato, mix well and fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the Paederia foetida juice and cover with a lid
- When the juice starts to boil, add the fish pieces and cook on low flame until done.
- Serve with warm rice.
- Recipe Courtesy: brahmosfoodie
Recipe courtesy of Soyuz