• 15 – 20 – lady’s finger (bhindi)
• 3 – Carrots (gajar)
• 2 – Onions
• 4 – Green chillies
• 2 inch – Ginger
• Black pepper
• 5 – dry Red Chillies
• 2 tbsps – Dhania seeds
• 2 tbsps – sesame
• 1 tsp – cumin
• Curry leaves
• 1/2 tsp – Tamarind paste
- Cut the lady’s fingers into small pieces and saute it in about 2 tbsp of oil, adding salt and black pepper to taste.
- Saute till the lady’s fingers are not sticky. Keep it aside.
- Roast dhania seeds, sesame seeds, cumin, salt, and dry red chillies and grind with some oil to get a smooth and thick paste.
- Next, grind the onions and ginger. Keep aside.
- Cut the carrots lengthwise and apply the chilli masala paste. Saute in about 2 tbsp of butter, with some salt to taste.
- In a non-stick kadai, add 4-5 tbsp of oil and add the wet onion paste along with slit green chillies and saute until the chillies get a yellow hue.
- Add the tamarind paste and 1/2 cup water, and continue cooking.
- When this starts boiling, add the sauteed carrots and the lady’s fingers. Adjust salt to taste.
- Garnish with curry leaves and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Kamini Goyal