• Bhindi (Lady finger) – 500 g
• Tomato – 2 (Tomato puree can also be used – 2 tbsp- concentrated )
• Onion – 1 large sized
• Cooking oil – 4 tbsp
• Mustard seeds, Jeera, Fennel (saunf), Turmeric – 1/4 tsp. each.
• Chilli powder – to taste
• Salt to taste
• Coriander leaves to garnish- 1/4 cup.
- Cut bhindi into small round slices and fry in 3 tsp of oil.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a pan and splutter the mustard, jeera, fennel, and turmeric.
- Add this to the fried bhindi.
- Now grind the tomatoes and onion into a smooth paste and add to the bhindi.
- Add chilli powder and salt and cook for 3-4 mins.
- Then add 1 cup of water, cover and cook for 5 mins.
- Garnish with coriander.
- Serve hot with chapatis or rice.
Recipe courtesy of Arpana