• Besan- 1 cup
• Sugar- 3 cups
• Refined oil- 1 cup
• Grated coconut- 1 cup
• Milk- 1 cup
• Cardamom (pod removed and powered) – 5-6 pieces
- Roast besan in a tsp of ghee till the raw smell goes away.
- Turn off the stove and add all the other ingredients one by one.
- Turn on the stove and place the pan on it.
- Keep on stirring on low flame.
- As the mixture starts leaving the sides of the pan, add few strands of saffron and powdered cardamom.
- Keep a well greased plate and a greased rolling pin ready. When the mixture does not stick to the pan any more, pour it onto the plate. While it is still hot, roll over it lightly to bring it into shape.
- With a greased knife make markings for the desired shape and size you want. Once it cools down, store it in a airtight container.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi