• 125 g – thick slices bacon
• 4 – eggs
• 1.5 liters (6 cups) – curly endive or mixed greens, broken into bite-size pieces
• 30 ml (2 tbsp) – red wine Vinegar or sherry Vinegar
• 5 ml (1 tsp) – Dijon mustard
• 1 – small Clove garlic, minced
• 2 ml (1/2 tsp) – salt
• 1 ml (1/4 tsp) – pepper
• 50 ml (1/4 cup) – Olive oil
• 250 ml (1 cup) – croutons
- Cut bacon into 1 cm (1/2-inch) pieces. In a large non-stick skillet, cook until crisp; drain on paper towels.
- Discard fat from skillet, then return unwashed skillet to the heat.
- Break eggs into skillet and cook until whites are set but yolks are still slightly runny.
- Flip eggs if you wish.
- Allow eggs to rest in skillet until ready to serve.
- In a salad bowl, place greens.
- In a small bowl, whisk vinegar with mustard, garlic, salt, pepper and olive oil; toss with greens.
- Add bacon and croutons and toss well.
- Divide salad between 4 large plates or individual pasta bowls.
- Gently place an egg on each serving.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi