• 1/2 cup Cream
• 1/2 tsp cornflour
• 1 tbsp Milk
• 2 tbsp Vinegar
• 2 tbsp Butter
• 1 Egg yolk
• 1/8 tsp salt
• 1/4 tsp pepper powder
- Mix cornflour and milk . No lumps should be formed.
- Heat the cream in double boiler.
- Pour the cornflour paste into hot cream, stirring continuously
- Cover and cook for 10 mins.
- In a separate pan, beat well egg yolk, salt, pepper powder and vinegar
- Pour the cooked hot cream over egg yolk, stirring continuously
- Again put in on gas untill thickens
Recipe courtesy of Shireen Das