• 1 kg lamb chops
• 4 onions, sliced thickly
• 3 tsps pepper powder
• 1 tbsp Vinegar
• 2 tbsps oil
• Salt to taste
- Marinate the chops with the pepper, vinegar, oil and salt and set aside for one hour.
- Place a layer of chops in a suitable non-stick pan and then arrange a layer of the thickly sliced onions and some of the chillies on them.
- Arrange as many layers of the chops and onions in this way.
- Pour the remaining marinade over the chops.
- Close the pan with a tight fitting lid.
- Simmer on low heat for about 2 hours (shaking the pan gently occasionally) till the chops are tender.
- No water is required to be added as the meat will cook in its own juice.
- Recipe Courtesy: Anglo-Indian Recipes
Recipe courtesy of Bridget White