• 1 kg – good Mutton chops with fat from the loin portion
• 4 onions, sliced thickly
• 3 tsp – pepper powder
• 1 tbsp – Vinegar
• 2 tbsp – oil
• salt to taste
- Marinate the chops with the pepper, vinegar, oil and salt and set aside for one hour.
- Place a layer of chops in a suitable non-stick pan and then arrange a layer of the thickly sliced onions on them.
- Arrange as many layers as you can of the chops and onions in this way.
- Pour the remaining marinade over the chops.
- Close the pan with the tight-fitting lid.
- Simmer on low heat for about 2 hours (shaking with pan gently occasionally) till the chops are tender.
- No water is required to be added as the meat will cook in its own juice.
- Since the gravy will be purely of the meat, it will taste delicious.
- The same recipe could be used for beef and veal chops as well.
- Recipe Courtesy: Anglo-Indian Recipes
Recipe courtesy of Bridget White