• 1 cup – black or white puttu Rice
• 1/2 cup – Sugar (according to taste)
• 1 tbsp – Ghee
• 2 tbsp – grated Coconut
• 4 or 5 – Cardamom
- Soak the rice for 3 to 4 hours before preparing.
- Pressure cook the rice adding 3 cups of water on low heat for 20-30 minutes.
- The rice should be cooked very soft till the white pulp in the red outer shell of the rice comes out.
- Try to smash the rice with a ladle while it is still hot.
- Add sugar according to your taste.
- Powder the cardamom with a teaspoon of sugar.
- Add that along with the ghee and mix well.
- The sweet is ready.
- If you find the rice you are using needs more water to cook, add more the next time and vice versa.
Recipe courtesy of Pearl Subramanian