• Corn flour – 120 gm
• Water – 2.5 cups
• Cream of tartar – 1/2 tsp
• Sugar – 3 cups
• Lime juice – 2 tsp
• Ghee – 1/2 cup, approximately
• Essence and color as required
• Chopped nuts – 1/2 cup
- Mix corn flour with 1 cup water and cream of tartar and keep aside.
- Make two thread syrup with sugar, 1.5 cups water and lime juice.
- In a thick pan, cook the corn flour mixture till it forms a lump.
- Remove from fire and mix in the sugar syrup.
- Place it back on fire and cook, stirring, adding ghee gradually.
- When the halva becomes thick and firm (after about 40 minutes), add essence, colour and half the nuts.
- Pour in a greased pan. Sprinkle remaining nuts on top. Cool and cut into pieces.