• 8 – dried Bombil fish
• 2 – medium-sized Onions
• 3 flakes – Garlic
• 1/2 – Coconut copra
• 1/2 tsp – Turmeric powder
• 2 tsp – Red Chillies
• 1 tbsp – vegetable Ghee
- Heat and skillet and roast the dried bombils.
- Remove the bones and make small bits of the fish.
- Mince the onions and keep aside.
- Grind the garlic and coconut with a paste of red chillies and turmeric powder.
- Mix the garlic-coconut masala with the bombil pieces and pound lightly.
- Fry the minced onions in vegetable ghee until a little brown.
- Add the fish masala mix and fry until brown.
- Recipe Courtesy: Mangalorean Recipes