• 1/2 cup – sooji
• 1/2 cup – sweetened cocoa/drinking chocolate
• 1 cup – Milk
• 1/4 cup – Sugar
• 1/4 cup – Ghee
• 2 tsp – chopped nuts (optional)
- Heat 1 tbsp ghee in a pan. Roast cashews and/or almonds till golden brown. Set aside.
- In the same pan, roast semolina on low flame to light golden brown colour (8-10 minutes).
- Boil milk in another vessel.
- When semolina is roasted well, add hot milk and stir continuously for a couple of minutes.
- Add sugar, bournvita or cocoa and stir till they dissolve completely.
- Add rest of the ghee and nuts and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture to a greased plate and let it cool.
- Cut into desired shapes or have it as halwa.
- Recipe courtesy: Indian Vegetarian Kitchen