• 1 tsp -dry Yeast
• 1/3 cup – lukewarm water
• 1 tbsp – cooking oil
• 1/2 tsp – salt
• 2 cups – all-purpose flour
• 2 tbsp – Butter
• 2 tsp – chopped Garlic
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in lukewarm water.
- Mix plain flour, salt and oil in another bowl and add the yeast mixture to it.
- Form a soft dough and leave it covered in a warm place for an hour to let it rise.
- When it has doubled in size, punch the dough and knead it for around 4-5 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degree C.
- Divide the dough into 3 balls. Roll each of them into a thick rope of equal length.
- Join all 3 ropes at one end and arrange on a lined baking tray. Plait it crossing the three strands alternately over the other.
- Take melted butter in a bowl. Add chopped garlic to it. Brush garlic-butter over the entire plaited loaf.
- Bake it for around 15 minutes till it is light brown on top.
- Recipe Courtesy: My Own Food Court