• 1 – ox Tongue
• 2 – Onions sliced
• 2 – Carrots peeled and diced
• 1 tsp – coriander powder
• 1 tsp – chilli powder
• 1/2 tsp – Nutmeg powder (optional)
• 3 tbsp – oil
• Salt to taste
- Wash the ox Tongue and boil it in salted water till tender.
- Cool then slice it.
- Heat oil in a pan and saute the onions till slightly brown.
- Add the carrots, chilli powder, coriander powder, nutmeg powder, a little salt and about 4 tbsp of the tongue stock and cook till the carrots are soft.
- Mash the carrots well.
- Now add the cooked slices of ox Tongue and the remaining stock.
- Mix well and simmer on low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Serve with Bread or with rice.
- Recipe Courtesy: Anglo-Indian Recipes
Recipe courtesy of Bridget White