• 1 ox tongue
• 2 Onions sliced
• 2 Carrots peeled and diced
• 1 tsp – coriander powder
• 1 tsp – chilli powder
• 1/2 tsp – spice powder or Garam Masala powder
• 3 tbsp – oil
- Wash the ox tongue and boil it in salted water till tender.
- Cool and then slice it.
- Heat oil in a pan and saute the onions till slightly brown.
- Add the carrots, chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, a little salt and about 4 tablespoons of tongue stock and cook till the carrots are soft.
- Mash the carrots well.
- Now, add the cooked slice of ox tongue and remaining stock.
- Mix well and simmer on low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Serve with bread or with rice.
- Recipe Courtesy: Anglo-Indian Recipes
Recipe courtesy of Bridget White