• 1 lb – skinless Atlantic pink salmon fillets cut into 3 x 5 inch pieces
• Salt and Lime juice to marinate fish
• 1 – large, finely chopped Onion
• 2 to 3 – big ripe tomatoes, finely chopped or pureed
• 1 – Green chilli or 1/2 tsp – Red Chilli powder
• 1/2 tsp – Turmeric powder
• 1/2 tsp – cumin powder
• 1/4 tsp – pepper powder
• 1/4 tsp – Rosemary or Thyme or Oregano herbs (optional)
• 10 to 12 – Curry leaves (optional)
• 1 tbsp – cooking oil
• Salt to taste
- Wash the fish pieces and marinate for 20 minutes in salt and lime juice.
- Wash well and smear all the powders, except salt and pepper, on the pieces and set aside.
- Heat oil. Fry onions well and then add the green chilli, curry leaves, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Fry well and then add tomatoes and cook till soft.
- Remove 2/3rds of the mixture.
- Over the remaining 1/3rd, place half the fish pieces and cover with another 1/3rd of the mix.
- Place the remaining pieces of fish and top with the rest of the mix.
- Drizzle 2-3 tbsp water. Cover and cook till the fish is done.
- Recipe courtesy: http://www.lilchefsworld.com/
Recipe courtesy of Lil’ Chef