• 12 slices – bread
• 1 cup – capsicum, finely chopped
• 1/2 cup – button mushroom, finely chopped
• 1 cup – cottage cheese, grated
• 1 tbsp – soya sauce
• A pinch – ajinomoto
• 1 tsp – pepper powder
• For frying – oil
• To taste – salt
- Mix all the ingredients, except oil and bread, in a bowl. Keep it aside for 15 minutes.
- Now cut the bread along its edges, so that the hard brown part is removed.
- Take a slice of a bread, dip it in water just for a second and remove.
- Squeeze out the excess water, from the bread slice.
- Take a small quantity of the mixture from the bowl and keep it on this bread.
- Now cover the mixture with the bread, making it into a shape of ball.
- Repeat similarly with the remaining bread slices.
- Heat oil in a wok for deep frying.
- Put 3 to 4 balls into the wok.
- Deep fry on low flame, till the balls turn light brown in colour.
- Serve hot with tomato sauce.
Recipe courtesy of Rajini Chandra