• 3 – medium Potatoes
• 2 – medium Onions
• 1 tbsp – boiled Green peas
• 2 – Green chillies
• 1 tsp – Lemon juice
• 1/2 tsp – Sugar
• 1 tsp – Mustard Seeds
• 1 tsp – Cumin seeds
• 1/2 tsp – Turmeric powder
• 1 tbsp – oil
• Salt to taste
• Fresh Coriander leaves
• Fresh Curry leaves
• 7-8 slices – bread (to cover bondas)
- Boil potatoes. Peel and mash with hands.
- Chop onion into thick pieces, along with green chillies and coriander.
- Heat oil, add mustard and cumin seeds.
- When they splutter, add turmeric powder. Next add chopped onions, green chillies and curry leaves. Fry till golden brown.
- Add boiled green peas, lemon juice, sugar, salt and coriander leaves, and fry for a few seconds.
- Add mashed potatoes, mix well and fry on low fire for a minute.
- Remove from fire, mix well and cool. Divide into small balls.
- Take a slice of bread, dip in water and squeeze out any excess water.
- Put one potato ball in the centre of the bread and cover it.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the bread bonda until golden brown.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup.
Recipe courtesy of Anupama Naik