• 1 litre Milk
• 4 slices Milk bread, crusts removed
• 1/2 cup Sugar
• 1 tbsp sugar, powdered
• 1 tsp icing Sugar
• 1/4 tsp Cardamom powder
• 10-12 strands saffron, crushed and soaked in 1 tsp hot Milk
• 10-12 almonds, slivered
• 10-12 pistachios, slivered
- Spread bread slices on a plate and sprinkle powdered sugar and 1 tsp milk. Crumble, mix and gently make small marble-like balls.
- Dust with icing sugar and keep them separate.
- Place in refrigerator for 20 minutes or till required.
- Put milk to boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add all ingredients, except the bread balls.
- Boil for 2 minutes. Ensure it is hot to serve.
- Just before serving, add bread balls and serve hot.
Recipe courtesy of Saroj Kering