• 8-10 slices of bread
• 1-1.5 cups of marinara sauce
• 1/2 tsp Garlic paste
• 1/2 tsp Ginger paste
• 1/2 tsp pepper powder
• 1 cup of veggies (mushroom, green peppers, zucchini, Cabbage etc, could be shredded or diced)
• Oil to saute
• A little bit of Italian seasoning (optional)
• Some Parsley or Cilantro
• Butter or oil to toast bread
- Heat a skillet and add oil. When oil is heated properly, add the veggies. Saute on high heat.
- While they are still crisp, add the garlic, ginger, marinara sauce, pepper and salt.
- Mix them well and let them cook for about 5 minutes.
- See to it that the sauce doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
- For a final touch, add the Italian seasoning and some parsley or cilantro.
- Now, lightly toast the bread with butter or oil and start filling one slice of bread with the marinara sauce mixture.
- Spread it and top it with another slice of bread and press both the slices to make a nice and tasty sandwich.
Recipe courtesy of Malar