• 800 g – breadfruit
• 1 tsp – Turmeric powder
• 1 tbsp – chilli powder
• 4 tbsp – Rice flour
• Oil for shallow frying
• Salt to taste
- Peel and cut the breadfruit into 1/2 inch thick round slices.
- Remove the core and cut each ring into two. Soak the slices in water for 20 minutes.
- Drain and marinate in a mixture of salt, turmeric powder and chilli powder for 10 minutes.
- Roll each slice in the rice flour till evenly coated on both sides.
- Shallow fry in hot oil until golden brown.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup.
Recipe courtesy of IBNS