• 1/2 kg – large Brinjals
• 2 – medium tomatoes, skinned and finely chopped
• 2 – medium onions, finely crushed
• 2/3 tbsp – oil
• 1 tsp – chilli powder
• 2 Cloves – garlic, crushed
• 1 tsp – green chillies, minced
- Roast brinjals on the stove or in oven till tender.
- Remove skin and mash well with a fork.
- Heat oil and fry onions, till beginning to brown.
- Add garlic, tomatoes, chilli powder, chillies and salt.
- Mix well and fry for a few minutes, stirring occasionally, on medium heat.
- Serve brinjal caviar on a toast, or use for making open sandwiches, with fresh bread.