• 8 – small Brinjals
• 1 cup – dry Coconut powder.
• 1 tsp – Garam Masala
• 1 tsp – black masala.
• 1 tsp – Red Chilli powder.
• 1 tsp – Tamarind paste.
• 6 – pods of grated garlic.
• 1/2 cup – grated Jaggery
• 1 – small Onion chopped
- In a dish, mix all the masalas, coconut, jaggery, garlic and tamarind paste together; add salt to taste and add some oil to make the mixture wet
- Slit the brinjals in four but with the base attached. Stuff the masalas into the brinjals and keep aside
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan and fry the chopped onions till slightly pink
- Then add the stuffed brinjals one by one; do not over lap them
- Cook on low flame until done
- Turn them over from time to time, taking care not to spill the stuffing
- Garnish with coriander leaves
- Serve hot with chapattis or rice
Recipe courtesy of Anjali Naik