• Small Brinjals 8
• Chopped Onion 2
• Tomatoes 2
• Coriander seeds- 1 tbsp
• Khus Khus -1 tbsp
• Garlic Cloves 2
• Ginger small piece
• Dry Coconut powder- 3 tbsp
• Red Chilli powder -1/2 tbsp
• Salt to taste
• Milk 1 cup
• Cumin and Mustard seeds- 1 tbsp
• Turmeric powder- 1/4 tbsp
• Oil for cooking
- Cut Brinjal into 4 parts by not cutting their top edge. After cutting, soak them in salt water for half an hour.
- Prepare the masala paste by grinding Coriander seeds, Kus Kus, Onion, Ginger, Garlic, Tomatoes, Coconut powder, red chilly powder, Turmeric powder and Salt. Stuff the masala into all Brinjals and keep the remaining masala.
- Heat the large vessel and pour 3 tbsp of oil in it. After heating the oil, add mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- After spluttering of mustard seeds, drop the brinjals and the remaining masala in the vessel. Cover the vessel with lid. Let boil for 10 min.
- Add the milk and mix the curry occasionally until the Brinjal is completely cooked. (Don’t add water for cooking the Brinjal)
- Serve this curry with hot rice.
Recipe courtesy of Surekha