• Broccoli – 2 medium-sized flowers
• Green Capsicum – 1, medium-sized
• 250gm – live natural yogurt
• Onion – 1, medium-sized, finely chopped
• Garlic – 2 cloves, finely chopped
• Ginger – 2-inch pieces, finely chopped
• Fenugreek (methi) seeds – 1/2 tsp
• Curry leaves – 15-20
• Dry Red Chillies – 2
• Cumin powder – 1 tsp
• Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
• Salt – as per taste
• Sugar – 2 tbsp (optional)
• Oil – 3 tbsp
- Cut the broccoli into small florets. Cut capsicum into small square pieces.
- Put a heavy-bottomed pan on the burner.
- Add oil to it.
- When the oil is hot, add methi seeds, curry leaves, onion, garlic, ginger, and dry red chillies.
- Fry till the onions are golden brown.
- Add cumin powder and turmeric (haldi) powder and stir well.
- Add broccoli, put the lid on, and let it cook. (Do not overcook. Otherwise, it will be mushy).
- Add capsicum and cook till it is done (with the lid on).
- Take the pan off the burner, and let it cool a little. (This will also ensure that the curd, which will be added later, doesn’t curdle).
- Add curd, salt and sugar. Give it a good stir.
- Serve with rice or roti.
Recipe courtesy of Sarita