• 3 medium size – Broccoli
• 3 to 4 – hot green peppers
• 2 to 3 square cm cube – fresh Ginger
• 1 tsp – Cumin seeds
• 1 to 2 tsp – oil
• 1/4 cup – water
• salt to taste
- Grind the green peppers and ginger into a fine paste.
- Cut the broccoli into small pieces – the stem can be peeled and the white core can be cut into small cubes.
- Fry the cumin seeds in a covered skillet and add the ground ginger-pepper paste until they turn brown.
- Add the broccoli to the skillet and fry for a minute.
- Add the water and salt and cover the skillet, stir occasionally.
- The broccoli should not become soggy and stay slightly crisp. Goes well with rice.
Recipe courtesy of Leela