• 1 head – Broccoli
• For seasoning:
• 1 tbsp – olive/canola oil
• 1 tsp – crushed red pepper
• 3 – Garlic Cloves
• 1 tsp – Cumin seeds
• Salt to taste
- Wash the broccoli and cut into florets.
- Place a pan on the stove and turn on the heat.
- Add olive oil, cumin seeds, and crushed red pepper, and let the flavours infuse.
- If you are using canola oil, wait till the oil heats up and then add the seasoning.
- Once the crushed cumin and pepper start heating up, add minced garlic to the pan and stir till the garlic turns golden.
- Now add the broccoli florets to the pan and give them a nice stir.
- Cover the pan with a lid and let it cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove the lid and give the florets a nice stir.
- Add salt to the florets, stir one more time, and let it cook covered for 4 more minutes.
- Turn off the heat and transfer the cooked broccoli to a serving dish.
- This broccoli stir fry can be used as a side dish for hot rotis.
Recipe courtesy of Kiranmai Chaturvedula