• 1 tsp – Ghee
• 1 cup (100 g ) – broken Wheat
• 225 ml – thin Coconut Milk
• 1 cup (90 – 100 g ) – melted and sieved Jaggery
• 125 ml – thick Coconut Milk
• 2 pinches Cardamom powder
• 1 tbsp – Ghee
• 1 tsp – Raisins
• 1 tsp – Cashew nuts (split)
- Heat ghee in a pan on a medium heat. Add broken wheat and fry on a low to medium heat till fragrant and colour changes.
- Add thin coconut milk and stir well. Cover with a lid and cook on a low heat for 10 – 12 minutes or until done / broken wheat softens.
- Add melted and sieved jaggery and stir well. Cook again on a low to medium heat for 10 minutes. Switch off the heat.
- Finally, add thick coconut milk (125 ml) and stir continuously for 3 minutes. Sprinkle cardamom powder.
- Heat 1 tbsp ghee in a pan. Shallow fry raisins and split cashew nuts separately on a low heat till golden brown. Decorate paayasam / kheer with cashew nuts and raisins.
- Recipe Courtesy: Niya’s World
Recipe courtesy of Niya