• 1/2 crusty – French stick
• 30 ml – extra virgin Olive oil
• 10 g – garlic, peeled and diced
• 1 – Garlic clove, peeled and mashed
• 100 g – tomatoes, blanched, peeled and diced
• 10 g – basil, roughly shredded
• 5 g – salt
• 5 g – freshly ground black pepper
- Blanch the tomatoes and remove the skin, quarter, de-seed and cut into 1 cm cubes.
- Add salt, pepper and 15 ml of the olive oil to the tomatoes. Mix well, add the roughly chopped basil and the diced peeled garlic. Chill for 5 mins.
- Slice the crusty French stick into thick slices and lightly toast on both sides
- Rub the garlic clove on the toasted bread, drizzle with olive oil and spoon the tomato mix on top.
- Arrange on a serving platter and serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Willi