• 2 large crabs (alive)
• 1 whole pod Garlic ( finely chopped)
• 2 to 3 Green chillies (slit)
• 2 to 3 tbsp – Butter
• 1 tbsp – Olive oil
• salt to taste
- Wash the crabs thoroughly (with the help of a toothbrush).
- Boil sufficient water in a heavy bottomed vessel.
- Add the crabs and little salt.
- Remove the crabs after about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Very carefully remove the crabs and shell them.
- Scoop out the unwanted things from the crabs.
- Crack the pincers. Heat the wok.
- Add olive oil and then the butter.
- Add garlic and saute till pink.
- Add green chillies. Saute for few seconds.
- Add the crab and little salt. Mix gently.
- Cover with a lid having some water on it. Simmer.
- Check after 5 to 7 minutes.
- The crab will turn slightly reddish pink in colour.
- Cover and continue cooking on a low flame for 6 to 8 more minutes.
- Check at regular intervals.
- Cook till done. Serve hot.
Recipe courtesy of Anita Raheja