• Green chillies – 250 gm.
• Sour Butter milk – 1 liter
• Salt – To taste (More salt is needed)
• Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Add turmeric powder and salt to butter milk.
- Wash the green chillies and slit them with a safety pin.
- Put all the green chillies in the butter milk.
- Keep the green chillies in butter milk for three days covered.
- Every day green chillies should be mixed well for a minute.
- On the fourth day, squeeze the butter milk from chillies, spread them in a plate and dry in the sun.
- At night put back all the green chillies in the butter milk and cover them.
- The next day repeat the same procedure.
- Then dry the chillies in the sun for 7 days.
- These well dried chillies can be stored in an air tight container and can be deep fried before eating with rice.
- These chillies can also be added to chudva mixture after deep frying.
- Salt quantity should be high to aid preservation.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi