Spicy and tangy cabbage salad made with onion and peanut paste
2 cups chopped fresh cabbage
1 medium onion peeled
1/2 cup roasted unshelled peanuts
1/2 cup fresh coriander stems with few leaves
1-2 whole red chilies (as per taste)
1/4 teaspoon lemon rind
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 tablespoon oil
2 teaspoon lemon juice
Salt to taste
1. Cut onion into four pieces, wash coriander stems and leaves.
2. Soak red-chilies in water for 5-10 minutes.
3. Take a fresh lemon, wash, wipe clean and grate only the cover to get lemon rind.
4. In a grinder combine onion, peanuts, coriander, red chilies, cumin seeds, lemon rind, little water and grind to a smooth paste of thick consistency.
5. Heat oil in a kadhai and fry the paste until oil separates.
6. Add cabbage, salt and lemon juice. Saute over medium heat for 1-2 minutes as the cabbage should be crisp and not tender.
Cooking time: 25 minutes