• 1 cup – Cabbage very finely chopped
• 1- small Onion – finely chopped
• 1 tsp (or to taste) – chili powder
• 1/4 tsp – Turmeric powder
• 1 tsp – coriander powder
• 1 tsp – Ginger Garlic paste
• 2 cups – Wheat flour
- Make the chapati dough by mixing and kneading the wheat flour with about a cup of water. Cover and keep aside. Mince or grate the cabbage for stuffing.
- Heat about 2 tsp of oil in a kadai. Add the ginger garlic paste and the onions.
- Saute till the onions turn pink. Add the cabbage and the chili, coriander, turmeric powders and salt.
- Cook for about 10 minutes plus, stirring now and then, till the cabbage is cooked and the stuffing is totally dry. Keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal balls. Roll out one ball out into 4 inch diameter circle first.
- Dust the dough with some wheat flour for easy rolling.
- Add about a tbsp of the cabbage filling and seal the dough ball from all sides. Dust in flour again and roll out into a 6 – 7 inch big paratha.
- Do not apply a lot of pressure since the filling might break out.
- Cook both sides of the paratha in a hot tawa, smearing ghee or oil.
- Repeat the rolling, filling and cooking with the remaining dough balls.
- Serve hot with curd and pickle.
- Recipe courtesy: My Kitchen Trials
Recipe courtesy of Rajani