• 8 slices – bread
• 1 litre – Milk boiled and cooled
• 3 tbsp – Sugar
• 1/2 tsp – vanilla essence
• 1 tbsp – cornflour
• 2 eggs beaten
• 3 tbsp – jam
- Beat the sugar, cornflour, vanilla essence and eggs together.
- Add the milk and mix well.
- Break the bread into small pieces and add to the milk mixture. Mix well.
- Heat 1 tbsp of sugar in a pudding mould till it melts and turns brown.
- Keep aside for 10 minutes to cool down.
- Pour the bread mixture into the mould.
- Bake for 30 minutes till the top turns golden brown.
- Remove from the mould and spread jam on the top.
- Cool and serve.
- Recipe Courtesy: Anglo-Indian Recipes
Recipe courtesy of Bridget White