• 1 – Chocolate cake
• 16 oz – Chocolate frosting
• Chocolate bars – as needed
• Nuts coarsely powdered
- Crumble the cake while it is warm.
- Now, add the frosting to the cake.
- Roll the mixture in to small balls and let them cool completely.
- Melt the chocolate over a double-boiler.
- Now, stir in coarsely powdered nuts (optional)
- Use two forks to roll the balls in the chocolate.
- Place the chocolate coated balls on wax paper.
- Decorate while the coating is still wet.
- Serve once the chocolate coating is completely cooled and hardened.
- The cake truffles are best served at room temperature. They can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.