• 2/3 cup – Maida
• 1/2 cup – grated cheese
• 1/2 cup – Butter
• 2 – eggs, lightly beaten
• 2 tbsp – green capsicum, finely chopped
• 2 tbsp – red capsicum, finely chopped (discard seeds)
• 150ml – water
• 1/2 tsp – salt
• 1/2 tsp – pepper powder
• oil to deep fry
- Combine water, butter, and salt in a sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil and tip in all the flour in one go.
- Lower the flame and cook till the mixture forms one lump.
- Cool the cooked mixture slightly and beat in the eggs, little at a time.
- Add rest of the ingredients, taste it, and correct the seasoning.
- Fry small lumps of this mixture in moderately hot oil till golden brown. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup and/or tartar sauce.