• 2 – Capsicums
• 1.5 cups – besan (gram flour)
• 1/2 tsp – mustard
• 1/2 tsp – Cumin seeds
• 4 – Green chillies
• 5-6 Cloves – Garlic
• 1.5 cup – buttermilk
• 1/4 tsp – Turmeric
• 5 tbsp – oil
• Coriander leaves
- Heat oil in a non-stick vessel and roast mustard and cumin seeds.
- Add crushed garlic and turmeric powder to it and fry for 30 seconds.
- Add chillies and fry for another 30 seconds.
- Add chopped capsicum and fry till it becomes soft.
- Add buttermilk and let it boil.
- When it boils, sprinkle besan little by little, stirring continuously.
- Add salt and coriander, and mix them.
- Cover and steam for 4 to 5 minutes.
- If it becomes a bit sticky, add a little more oil and steam.
- Add more oil if it sticks again.
- When it gets cooked, cool and crumble with hand.
- Serve with rice or chapati.
Recipe courtesy of Swati