• 1 packet – Egg / vegetable noodles
• 1 tbsp – oil
• 6- garlic, chopped
• 1- onion, finely sliced
• 1- capsicum, thinly sliced (or carrot, French beans, cabbage)
• 1 tbsp – Tomato sauce
• 1 tbsp – soy sauce
• 1 tsp – Oyster sauce (optional)
• 1 cup- omelet strips ( 1- inch strips )
• 1/2 tsp – pepper powder
- Whisk egg, milk, corn flour / all-purpose flour and salt together in a medium bowl until soft peaks form ( quantity will be double ).
- Lightly coat an omelette pan (11 – inches in diameter or make 2 omelettes of 5 – inches in diameter) or big / medium skillet with cooking oil and heat over medium heat 1 minute. Pour omelette mixture into pan, spread it evenly and cook until mixture begins to set at the bottom.
- The underside should be light golden in colour.
- Once it turn light golden colour, remove carefully with a flat spatula. Omelette is ready now. Allow to cool for 5 minutes and cut into 1 – inch strips.
- Final preparation:
- Cook noodles as per packet instructions.
- In a wok / wide frying pan, heat oil. Add chopped garlic and fry for 3 – 4 minutes on a medium heat.
- Add sliced onion and fry till golden colour.
- Add capsicum slices and fry for 3 – 4 minutes or until soft.
- Add tomato sauce, soy sauce and oyster sauce (optional) and mix well. Stir well for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add cooked noodles and omelette strips.
- Sprinkle pepper powder and fry continuously for 5 minutes or until the noodles well mixed with sauces, vegetables and omelette strips.
- Serve hot with any Chinese gravy dishes of your choice.
- Recipe Courtesy: Niya’s World
Recipe courtesy of Niya