• 1/2 kg – Capsicum
• 6 – medium sized Potatoes
• 1 tsp – Fenugreek seeds
• 3-4 – Green chillies
• 1/4 tsp – Turmeric
• 1 pinch – Asafoetida
• 2 tbsp – oil
• Coriander leaves – 1/2 bunch
• 1 tsp – Lemon juice
- In a pan dry roast the fenugreek seeds lightly. Powder coarsely. Keep aside.
- Next peel and cut potatoes into medium sized cubes.
- Wash the capsicums and cut them into medium sized pieces after deseeding
- Heat oil in a pan. When hot add the powdered fenugreek seeds and fry for 1 minute.
- Next add slit green chillies and add asafoetida and turmeric
- Put in potato cubes. Saute on high flame for 2 minutes
- Put in cut capsicums and saute.
- After 2 minutes reduce heat to medium, add salt to taste and cook till done.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and lemon juice just before serving. Serve hot with rotis.
Recipe courtesy of Monisha