• 2.5 cups – finely grated Carrots (4 large Carrots)
• 1.5 cups – Walnut quarters
• 1 cup – fresh Pineapple chunks
• 1 cup – golden Raisins
• 1 cup – unsweetened Coconut flakes
• 2 cups – Cake Flour
• 2 tsp – Cinnamon powder
• 2 tsp – baking soda
• 1/2 tsp – of salt
• 4 large eggs
• 1.5 cup – Sugar
• 1/2 cup to 1 cup of vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease the sides and bottom of the pan.
- Line the bottom with the circle of parchment paper, and dust the sides with flour.
- Have all the ingredients measured out before you start combining them.
- In a large bowl, mix together carrots, nuts, pineapple, raisins, and coconut.
- Sift the dry ingredients except the sugar into another bowl.
- Toss about 1/2 cup of the dry ingredients into the carrot mixture.
- Beat the eggs and sugar at high speed until they form a ribbon.
- Continue mixing at low speed while you add the oil.
- Remove from the mixture and fold in the dry ingredients.
- Pour the batter over the carrots mixture and gently fold it in.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out dry (about 1 hour and 15 minutes).
- Cool on the rack.
- When cool, remove from the pan, strip off the parchment, and set on a cake plate.
- Serve at room temperature.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi