• 1.5 cups – grated Carrot
• 1 cup – Sugar
• 1/4 cup – Canola Oil
• 3/4 cup – boiling water
• 1.5 cups – Wheat flour
• 1/2 cup – cocoa powder
• 1.5 tsp – baking powder
• 1 tsp – Cinnamon powder
• 1 tsp – salt
- In a deep mixing bowl, add the grated carrots, sugar, canola oil, and boiling water.
- In a separate bowl, add the dry ingredients like wheat flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, cinnamon powder, and salt.
- Mix them thoroughly.
- Combine the wet and the dry ingredients and mix them well.
- Take a non-stick cooking tray or a glass rectangular tray and spread the mixture evenly.
- Place it in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- Cool it on the rack for 10 minutes and cut it into desired shapes.
- For icing or more sweetness you can top it off with melted chocolate.
Recipe courtesy of Latha Setlur