• 175g/6oz onion, diced
• 50g/2oz Butter
• 500g/1lb 2oz carrots, sliced
• 1 Garlic clove, finely chopped
• 1.2 liters/2pt vegetable stock
• 2 tsp caster Sugar
• 150ml/5fl oz whipping Cream
• 2 tbsp chopped fresh
• Coriander leaves
• salt and freshly ground
• black pepper
- In a heavy saucepan, gently saute the onion in butter until soft and translucent.
- Add the carrots to the pan, and keep stirring from time to time, for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and stock.
- Season with salt and pepper and the sugar.
- Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Pour the contents of the pan into a blender or food processor, and blitz to a puree.
- Pour back into a clean pan, and add the cream and coriander.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning, then heat the soup through gently stirring.
- Serve hot.
Recipe courtesy of chefmegha