• 1 heaped cup – coarsely crushed Cashew nuts
• 1/2 tsp – Cardamom powder
• 1 cup – softly packed Brown sugar
• Oil for greasing
- Keep a 10×10″ stone work surface clean and ready.
- Grease liberally with oil.
- Put sugar in a heavy bottomed pan.
- Stir gently with a spatula till fully melted.
- Add cashew nuts and cardamom, and mix.
- Take off fire and pour carefully onto prepared work surface.
- Grease palms well before touching hot mixture.
- Blend with two greased spatulas.
- Quickly roll to desired thickness with a greased rolling pin.
- Give shape by patting sides evenly.
- Mark desired pieces with knife while still soft.
- After it cools, break into marked pieces and store in an airtight container.
- Can be stored for 1 week or more (keep away from humidity).
Recipe courtesy of Saroj Kering