A very delicious and creamy cauliflower Souffle recipe which is perfect as a starter dish. The Souffle is served hot, direct from the microwave, so put it in the microwave for 40 to 50 minutes before serving the food.
– 1 cauliflower, broken into florets
– 4 tablespoon butter
– 3/4 cup maida
– 3 cups milk
– 3/4 cup grated cheese
– 2 eggs, yolks and whites separated
– 4 tablespoon chopped parsley or coriander
– 1/2 tablespoon grated nutmeg (jaiphal)
– Salt and pepper to taste
– 1/2 tablespoon red chili flakes
How To Cook?
1. Take a pot and add 4 cups water and 1 tablespoon salt to it and boil it.
2. Add cauliflower florets and again boil it for 5 minutes. Drain and make it cool.
3. Now, blend it for a few seconds in liquidizer to a rough puree.
4. Then, separate the egg yolks from the egg white and keep aside.
5. Now, Melt butter and add flour. Stir on LOW heat for 1 minute and after that removes it from the heat.
6. Then add milk and mix it well and again put it on fire.
7. Now, add salt, pepper and nutmeg and cook it until the sauce thickens
8. then add grated cheese, cauliflower puree, 2 tablespoon of chopped parsley or coriander and egg yolks.
9. Now, add a pinch of salt to the egg whites and beat till it stiffs and then fold the egg whites into the mixture.
10. Now, spread butter to the souffle dish and pour the mixture in it.
11. Sprinkle chopped coriander and red chili flakes and bake it at 190 ?C for 40 to 50 minutes.
12. Serve immediately with garlic bread.
Preparation Time: 15 Minute
Cooking Time: 1 hr 15 minute
Servings: 6 Persons